Your cart is empty!
Solution:Burnt out motor(s)
Motors can be damaged by a number of different problems. Some of the most common are:
- Incorrect voltage
- Motor thermal protection / overcurrent protection settings
- Excessive jogging
- Over heating
- Contactor failure (contacts welded closed)
- Verify the incoming voltage is compatable with the motor. If the motor is rated for a different voltage than what is present a transformer can be installed or the correct motor can be installed.
- Verify the current draw of the motor and set protective devices accordingly
- Excessive jogging can cause a motor to overheat and ultimatly shorten the life span of the motor. One solution for this is a VFD or motor drives. A properly configured drive will extend the life of a motor and prevent motor burn outs. Click here to see our drives.
- Properly installed motor protection or a properly configured drive will solve this problem.
- Replace contactors or install a drive. Click here to see our contactors.
Still unsure. One of our professionals can help!
Contact us today to speak to a professional or schedual a service appointment.